Bafflement

I don't understand why people don't like to read. It is a mystery to me. I feel sad when a child says that reading is not interesting and that the only reason he says he ever reads is "I have to for school." It makes me want to whisk that child off to a library or bookstore to find and buy the one perfect book that will change his mind and help him see that reading can be an enjoyable and beneficial pastime. I hate watching students struggle through school because they have poor reading skills through lack of practice. The thing is, with reading, practice can be fun. There are so many good books out there to be read, but they have to be found. Looking for a good book is not as convenient as clicking through the TV channels with a remote control...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IKEA Trip (For My Friends in GGCA's 7th Grade)

A Week in the Life...

Days of Fog and Fruit