Thanks for the Goodies

The days before Christmas, I feel like Hansel from the Grimm's fairy tale - everywhere there are cookies and cakes and candies. I am glad that the only ovens around are small microwave ovens and no old ladies with warts are hoping I will taste good with gravy. 

There is a little loaf of pumpkin bread, wrapped in cellophane and tied with a red ribbon resting just below the computer monitor as I write this. It is the traditional Christmas gift from the Hadley family, and I think that I may have to somehow get Hadley citizenship after Jack graduates in order to continue the tradition. Marie Hadley makes incredible pumpkin bread, and I have to restrain myself and ration it to make it last. What is the saying? Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven. 

I am blessed by the outpouring of love that parents and students express at this time of year. Teaching can be a very thankless job, so any blessings are appreciated. Thank you for the photo Christmas cards, the Starbucks cards, the wishes for a Merry Christmas.

I John 4:11 ~ Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IKEA Trip (For My Friends in GGCA's 7th Grade)

A Week in the Life...

Days of Fog and Fruit