He Is Risen, Indeed

I am very tired today as I write this, so if it does not make the best sense or if my writing is riddled with typos, you know why. I have been appearing as Jesus in the Greater Grace Church Easter play each night this week in addition to working as principal at Greater Grace Christian Academy during the day. I love playing Jesus. My desire is to make him real and human - somebody that people would want to know more. I am blessed when people tell me that they would like to think that Jesus is the way I portray him.

I am also blessed by the GGCA students and graduates who are part of this production. They are running lights, doing costumes and make-up, acting, playing music, singing, and working on the stage crew. I entrust my "dead" body into the strong arms of Paul Andrulonis and Charlie Weyer, and I feel quite secure in their care. Kimmy Andrulonis, Morgan Lincoln, and Danielle Bednez help transform me from a crucified Jesus into a living, ministering Jesus in less than seven minutes. Matt Roberge provides me with light, Liz Groenewold makes me smile with her "Hosanna!" dance, and Susanna Tanguay sings a song that makes me want to rise from the dead. I get to eat a Last Supper with Tom Colban, Than Zucker's drumming heralds the stone rolling away from the Garden Tomb, and Grace Castro helps set the stage for Jesus' scenes.

I did not know that I would be playing this role until three days before the first performance, and I am very thankful for everyone who has helped me by welcoming me into the cast and taking care of me. Jesus was about thirty-three years old when he died on the cross for our sins, and I haven't been that old for a while now. I know that God is carrying me through this production in the palms of his nail-scarred hands as believers lift me up in their prayers. I am also especially thankful for the staff and students of GGCA who have been so supportive during this time. I was very sick last week and I am still getting over the virus I contracted, but I received beautiful get well cards and reports of prayers being lifted up for me by students all week long. I am a very blessed man.

Thank you to everyone who prayed that my beard would grow in three days. It did - well, at least enough to see that I have some hair on my face. If you are reading this and it is still not Easter yet, make sure you come see our play. We have three more performances: April 5, 6, and 7 at 7:30 PM. You can find more information about the play at ggwo.org.

He is risen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IKEA Trip (For My Friends in GGCA's 7th Grade)

A Week in the Life...

Days of Fog and Fruit